Friday, February 14, 2014

For Such A Time as This

In life we experience a great many events that bring us great joy and great sorrow. We use these events to shape who we are and how we respond to one another during the real trials of this life.

My father passed away last Sunday the 9th of February, just a little over one year after my mother passed away. This has caused me to reflect on the things in life that are truly important. We chase dreams of riches, power, maybe just comfort. But as we get older these things  seem to fade, except maybe comfort. That one, at least to me is having a greater draw.

My body begun to have pains with every sudden move, getting out of bed is something I do just to get joints moving. So is there anything that I can count on besides death and taxes?

I am finding my faith in Jesus Christ is growing stronger and stronger as I race toward the inevitable demise of this fragile shell I currently reside in. All these events in my life, regardless of the effect they have had on me are being used by my loving father, not for my comfort or even my benefit, but to show His love to people who are in desperate need of being loved, as I once was. I am looking forward to that day when faith becomes sight and I am made new again.

So do your best death, there is no fear.  I want to go out serving my Lord and serving others only to be racing to the other side where there is no death and no arthritis or no pain or decay.  I long to hear the words "well done my good and faithful servant".  But until then me and my house will serve the Lord.

"perhaps you have come to the kingdom, for such a time as this"

No comments:

Post a Comment