Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

I bring you all greetings on this most blessed of days Good Friday.  The day God chose to repair the destroyed relationship between Himself and man.  This is the real miracle of Easter.

I have watched a few of the Cosmos series on tv lately and while I disagree with just about all of the conclusions they make, I can agree on one thing, the cosmos, meaning all of space, is an awesome and wonderfully fascinating thing.  It is so large we cannot begin to wrap our minds around it. There are things out there that rival or exceed the beauty of anything here on earth. When I think that with all of this creation, with all of the beauty and order that exists, with the power that is generated by stars and planets, with all of this, God loved me enough to nail His son to a tree so that the wages of my disobedience, my rebellion against this creator who brought the cosmos in being with a word wouuld not hold me accountable, but He would pay this price Himself and would call me His son.

When I observe Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars which you set in place what is man that you remember him, the son of man that you look after him? You made him a little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him lord over the works of your hands; and put everything under his feet, all the sheep and oxen as well as all the animals in the wild, all the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea that pass through the currents of the seas.

Yahweh, our Lord how magnificent is Your name throughout the earth.

Ps 8: 3-9 HCSB









Looking over creation it strikes me that it would be no unusual task for God the creator to raise Jesus Christ from the dead.  But for this God with all that he has and is would care enough for me, this is the true miracle of Easter.

Being adopted into the family of God has changed my life. There are still times when I rebel as a petulant child. But my father gently guides me back into the relationship that He intended for my good.  I will never cease to be amazed at the patience He has for me.  Could He have created me with complete and total obedience to what He wanted, of course. But that would not be a relationship.  He created me for a relationship, no matter what the cost, even that of His son.

I wish you all a very blessed Good Friday, and Day of Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment